With over 35 years experience in Clinical Haematology and Oncology, Dr Paul Eliadis is at the peak of his career. As a founder of Haematology and Oncology Clinics of Australia (HOCA), Dr Eliadis has and continues to support medical research that explores promising opportunities in cancer care.
The devotion to his profession extends from Medicine to an appreciation for the arts, ancient history and the classics. More recently, his support through a generous donation to the University of Queensland, has led to the creation of the Chair of Ancient History and the Classics within the newly named School for Historical and Philosophical Inquiry.
- - 1977 - Bachelor of Medicine/ Bachelor of Surgery
- - 1978 - Bachelor of Science
- - 1987 - Granted Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) & the Royal College of Pathologists Australasia (FRCPA) in Clinical Haematology.
- - 1988 - Founding Director Haematology & Oncology Clinics of Australia Pty Ltd (HOCA) with Dr. Ian Bunce & Dr. Trevor Olsen which is now trading as Icon Cancer Care.
- - 1988 - to the present Senior Visiting Clinical Haematologist & Medical Oncologist Icon Cancer Care, Australia.
- - 1989 - The Paul Eliadis Collection of Contemporary Art
- - 1990 - to present Director Icon Cancer Foundation, Australia.
- - 1990 - to present Principal Investigator/Co-Investigator in numerous Oncology & Haematology Trials.
- - 1992 - Special Patron, Queensland Art Gallery Foundation
- - 1992 - to present Visiting Medical Officer in Clinical Haematology & Medical Oncology Cairns Private Hospital.
- - 2005 - 2012 Member of Medical Advisory Committee HOCA.
- - 2005 - to present Clinical Tutor, The Wesley Hospital.
- - 2006 - 2009 Chairman of the HOCA Board
- - 2008 - The Paul Eliadis Gift donated to Griffith University Art Collection
- - 2008 - Honorary Doctorate, Philanthropy in the Arts, Griffith University
- - 2009 - 2017 Venice Biennale Champions Program, The Australia Council
- - 2011 - to present Member of Medical Advisory Committee, The Wesley Hospital
- - 2012 - Creation of The Paul Eliadis Foundation
- - 2012 - to present Associate Professor, Faculty Health Sciences & Medicine, Bond University, Gold Coast Qld.
- - 2013 - Endowed Chair of Ancient History and Classics, School of Historical and Philosphical Inquiry, The University of Queensland
- - 2013 - Donor to the Australian Pavilion, Venice, opened in 2015
- - 2013 - to present Member of the Quality Assurance Committee, The Wesley Hospital.
- - 2015 - 2017 Commissioner’s Council for Australia at the Venice Biennale, The Australia Council
- - 2015 - Recognised by The Wesley Hospital as a Senior Medical Practitioner.
- - 2015 - Honoris Causa bestowed by Greece in recognition of contribution to Hellenism in Australia.