Dr Paul Eliadis practices at Icon Cancer Care with clinics situated throughout Queensland. Dr Eliadis has been and continues to be involved in numerous clinical trials in relation to malignant disease both as principal investigator and sub-investigator. He held the position of Chairman of the HOCA Board (now known as Icon Cancer Care) from 2006 to 2009.
In the specialties of Clinical Haematology and Medical Oncology, Dr Eliadis lists his particular interests as the management of malignant disease and stem cell transplantation. These include malignant Lymphoma, Hodgkin’s Disease, acute and chronic Leukaemias, colorectal cancers, other malignancies of the gastro-intestinal tract, breast cancer, lung cancer, sarcomas, prostate cancer, malignant tumors of the central nervous system and malignancies of the genito-urinary tract. Dr Paul Eliadis works closely with Radiation Oncologists in managing patients with malignant disease who require concurrent chemo-radiotherapy. These include patients with cancer of the head and neck, oesophagus and rectum.
Over the last 20 years, Dr Paul Eliadis has gained vast experience in the management of both Haematological and non-Haematological malignant disease. He is a foundation director of Haematology and Oncology Clinics of Australia. In 1988, he along with Dr Ian Bunce and Dr Trevor Olsen established The Wesley Clinic for Haematology and Oncology. Since then, this clinic has developed into the largest and most progressive provider of haematology and oncology day services in Australia, and is today known as Icon Cancer Care.
Dr Eliadis is committed to ensuring patients with malignant disease receive the highest quality treatment and care within the day hospital setting of Icon Cancer Care.
Professional memberships and affiliations:
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Royal College of Pathologists Australasia
- Haematology Society of Australia
- Medical Oncology Group
- American Society for Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- European Society for Medical Oncology
- Australian Medical Association
- The Medical Defence Society of Queensland
- Australasian Society for Blood Transfusion
- Clinical Oncological Society of Australia
- Australian and New Zealand Apheresis Association
- Medical Advisory Committe, The Wesley Hospital
- Quality Assurance Committee, The Wesley Hospital